Planet Forward have recently been engaged by a leading aerospace and defence company. Our client are looking for a Project Engineer to join their team in Plymouth. The company manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets and are well respected within their industry.
This position is to support our existing business and enable future growth by providing support to new product development and current production programmes within the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Technical Team Lead throughout Project lifecycle - Product Entrepreneur
* Customer Technical focal - project, technical, change management
* Ensure projects delivered projects to schedule, cost & quality
* Providing inputs to planning, estimation and project management activities
* Technical support for Customer focused presentations, telecons, meetings and exhibitions
* Support to customer integration and trials activities
* Support to Bids and Proposals: resourcing and technical compliance
* Obtaining Customer requirements, generation of cardinal points specifications, solution development and compliance tracking
The role may include travel to UK and foreign customer sites to support technical meetings, trials and programme reviews.
Key Skills Required:
* Minimum 3 years' experience working in an Engineering role on sensor related product design and development to military, aerospace and commercial standards
* Experience of the product introduction lifecycle (concept definition to product launch)
* Leading multidiscipline team
* Project lead experience
* International collaboration, multi-cultural team-working
* Competent in technical report writing and presentations
* A team player and effective communicator
* Integration of systems, hardware or software with military or civil aircraft
* Able to interact at all technical levels with technical teams and/or project leaders
If you would like to find out more, please get in touch for a confidential conversation on (phone number removed).
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website